Saturday, September 1, 2007

The Roosevelt Island Historical Walk – A Do It Yourself Walking Tour

Damaged RI Hisrorical Walk Sign


These days if you passed one of the markers for the Roosevelt Island Historical Walk, a joint project between then Eagle Scout candidate and island resident Neal Tandon and the RI Historical Society, you would most likely wonder whether the marker was vandalized or just succumbed to the ravages of time. I look at these signs and see a project that needs revitalization. As a member of the RIHS I hope to encourage and participate in such a project.

When we first came to the island I knew little of its history and these signs and the associated website gave me a glimpse into the island’s past in little chunks that I found enjoyable and quite interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment