Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Last Trolley Kiosk in Manhattan Unveiled



For the last year since the Tram came back on line I have looked each day upon the gated kiosk at the foot of the Queensborough Bridge wondering what this structure was and even after I knew its history I felt it was a shame that it sat not only behind bars but that the bars were blocked not allowing anyone to see it unless you looked at it from above.

So when I came over the Tram today and saw that the bars were now uncovered I knew I had to photograph it and videotape it. I have been commuting into Manhattan with my son since school began this year so this was the first opportunity I took notice of it being unveiled.

I don’t know why the City chose to uncover it and I intend to find out. Knowing Judy Berdy of the Historical Society I am guessing she already knows. Once I learn why I will report it here. So for those of you smart enough to not try running across traffic to see this last kiosk in Manhattan up close enjoy the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment