Tuesday, January 15, 2008

NYT Commuting Series “Next Stop” : Roosevelt Island

Next Stop Preview


Today started with meeting Billie Cohen, the New York Times reporter, who is currently spending each day this month commuting by every known method into NYC and sharing her stories within the Next Stop series.

Ms. Cohen found me via my blog and the public comments I submitted to the NYT regarding commuting via Tram. Knowing that I could only spend a few minutes before and during the Tram trip with her I invited along Judy Berdy, President of the Roosevelt Island Historical Society.

We also timed our trip to take Cabin 2 with Greg Parvati, one of the long time tram operators. Greg has been with RIOC for over twenty years now and if anyone has interesting Tram stories to share it is him as well as Judy Berdy. My understanding is that Ms. Cohen took several tram trips this morning so I expect she gathered plenty of stories and insights about the Island, our Tram and transportation to/from Roosevelt Island.

So look for a story about commuting via Tram over the next few days in the New York Times.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Eric, Congrats on the new blog! I've been reading the commuting series in the Times. So amazing to find someone you actually know mentioned. Hope to see you, Cathy and kids soon.
    Best,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete