Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Help Wanted: RIOC PSD School Crossing Guard


Keith Guerra, RIOC's Director of Public Safety is looking to hire an individual as a school crossing guard for Roosevelt Island. In his own words the particulars are as follows:
"I am looking to fill the part-time position of School Crossing Guard. I would prefer an island resident with the time to put in 3 hours a day, during the school year. The hours are 7:45 AM to 8:45 AM, 11:45 AM to12:45 PM & 2:45 PM to 3:45 PM. The job pays $15 per hour (or $45 a day). The School Crossing Guard will be issued a uniform and trained to cross children at the appropriate crosswalk. Those with interest in this position should fill out a RIOC application and submit it to theDirector of Public Safety. Thank You."
Based on the spread of the hours it woudl appear the individual would need to be local in order to hang out at home between duty hours. I will admit I was surprised this is a PSD position as I expected that the NYC DOE would be the direct employer but I guess the guards are usually controlled by the local NYPD precinct and here that translates to the PSD.

No comments:

Post a Comment