Friday, March 14, 2008

In the Paper – The Main Street WIRE – 2008Mar.15

28-13 cover


The Main Street WIRE this week has added something new to its electronic web cover page Video Reports provided by Press HD. In addition the two lead stories forthis issue are reported by Rick O’Conner of the Roosevelt Islander blog and Kim Lengle of PressHD. It’s great to see our on line community supporting and contributing to the Main Street WIRE which for many of us is where we turn for long format news pieces and analysis regarding issues affecting our island.

The main stories reported in this week’s issue are:

> Southpoint – FDR Memorial
> Legality of Island Photography (Print and Video)
> Southpoint Editorial
> PS 217 Scholars
> RI News for Kids (Print and Video)
> Queensboro Bridge Historical Book

Last week after posting my Octagon / DEP article I was amazed how quickly the next morning I received an e-mail from Stephen Shane, our RIOC President, regarding the information and concerns of the Octagon residents I quoted. Mr. Shane as reported in his own WIRE column noted he visited the DEP site after reading about it here and then upon visiting the DEP site he sent me a quick email informing me what was actually going and I passed that info along as an update to that blog post. Again thank you to Mr. Shane for reading my blog and referring to it in his column.

Post # 550

No comments:

Post a Comment