Having survived a fire many years ago where I was rescued by firemen after I collapsed due to smoke inhalation I appreciate any opportunity to thank individuals who run into a fire to help others.
According to a report I received earlier today from PSD Director Keith Guerra, four of his officers responding to a smoke alarm report at 546 Main Street (Apt 1018) this past Saturday night at about 10:50 pm found that smoke was coming from Apartment 1016, the apartment of Woodrow Deas. Mr Deas was able to open his door and the four oficers entered and extinquished the fire which was located in the kitchen.
Along with Mr. Deas I would like to thank the following Officers: John Malone, Brian Rivera, Anthony Clemente and Nicholas Sach. Thank you gentlemen!