Monday, February 11, 2008

Cow Happy? Roosevelt Island’s Last Cow…



I don’t really know if the last cow on Roosevelt Island is truly happy. We pass her every week and see her standing there in the window at PS / IS 217 and we wonder if she longs for the days when she was outside standing among the City she was created for. If she does, she is being teased as she stands by her window day in and day out facing the East River watching life go by.

She may or may not be comforted by the students of the school within which she is kept. Students in the K-8 school do look at her as their own. I am sure the kindergartners show her much more love than the eighth graders but I am sure there are many older kids that love her too. I know my own kids love her and we always must say hello as we pass her.

No comments:

Post a Comment