Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love Tag on Queensboro Bridge



One of the four base supports of the Queensboro bridge has been tagged I believe with the words"I Love Elena" for Valentines Day. I may have gotten the text wrong as the sun was pretty strong this morning. The Valentines message is painted on the anchor sitting on Roosevelt island at the base facing Manhattan. Sorry no picture yet as I forgot the camera today. The size, I am guesssing here, of the artwork painted must be about 10 to 15 feet high by at least 30 feet wide.

It is unknown when the artist came onto the Rocks or how he / they eluded detection as the location faces Manhattan and is in full view of the Trams coming and going as well as the East River.

I doubt the City will let this grafitti valentine stay on the Bridge but at least for today Elena's love has sent his card.


No comments:

Post a Comment