Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Future NY Times July 4, 2009 Edition Published: IRAQ WAR ENDS




Anyone know who printed this obviously fake but prospective New York Times paper dated Jluy 4, 2009? The headline reads "IRAQ WAR ENDS". The slogan is printed as "All the News We Hope to Print".

I was handed a copy at 23rd Street and 6th Avenue in Manhattan. There is nothing inside to indicate that this is a satire or what the group is that published this edition. In place of the masthead on the opinion page is a listing of abot 20 reporters and researchers. I have not googled any of those listed to see if their names are real persons.
The issue includes an opinion pieces attributed to Thomas Friedman with his pic. Very cool. If anyone knows where this came from let me know. My colleagues at work want their own issues.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks. I saw the posts on Gothammist, Gawker and the NYT City Room Blog. Looks like Gothamist picked up my scans that I sent them.

    ReplyDelete